You won’t be surprised by this list. A few of them are summer essentials, others are fresh styles that are here to stay.
For my style, I love living in my basics. Although as any fashion lover, incorporating trendy pieces into my wardrobe is always fun and exciting. The cut crease list of trends that were strutting down the runways, at the S/S ’17 shows back in fall, are not the only summer trends that have made a huge hit this year. What really is taking the popularity vote are the pieces below. Not only are Instagram it-girls and celebs loving these summer styles, but I think you will too.
1. Cat Eye Sunglasses – these retro shades have been popular on and off ever since they were introduced back in the 1950s. They have stuck around ever since and for good reason. They are universally flattering and a different look to the standard sunglasses shape. Get a pair of these and you won’t regret it.
2. Basket Bag – Okay, these bags are so flipping cute. They scream summer and look good with anything. This trendy item will instantly give a fashionable and modern feel to your outfit.
3. Vans – You know which ones I’m talking about. The black sneaker with the white stripes? Yep, consider these the sneaker of the summer. Try swapping out your Converse for an updated take on your usual OOTD.
4. White and Denim – White tee and jeans, white tank top with a denim skirt, a blouse and high waisted shorts, etc. A white top with denim bottoms is the most iconic, classic style that we all love. It’s definitely the easiest, go-to casual look for summer.
5. Gold Pendant Necklaces – Out with the chokers, in with the pendants. Pendant necklaces are now the new coveted jewelry trend. I am sure you can recognize this beloved Maria Pascual necklace worn on more than a few Insta babes.
6. Gingham – This print hasn’t been popular for a while. Although now is it’s time, and it came with a major bang. The print has been seen in so many different styles of dresses, rompers, blouses, and skirts. It’s safe to say it’s the print of the season this year.
7. Fiddler Hat – If you love wearing hats, here’s a new one to try. This style adds a little something to your outfit while keeping a laid-back look. Seek major inspo from these girls below who are rocking this hat.
8. Polka dots – The polka dot print is like florals in that it is classic and is always spotted (pun intended) in different pieces. For this summer, the print has been upgraded on a larger scale and everyone is loving it.
Shop a few of my faves below!
Slim Retro Cat-Eye Sunglasses
Old Skool Vans
Plush Slim Crew Tee
Off The Shoulder Gingham Sundress
Let me know what summer trends and looks you have been absolutely loving!